SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Here at Lane Memorial we take seriously our baptismal vows to help children “grow in the knowledge and love of God, through our Savior Jesus Christ.” Below you will find several different opportunities for your child to connect in a meaningful way.
Sunday School & nursery are currently not available, but as conditions improve with COVID we plan again to have Sunday school.
Kids’s Club is our children’s ministry for kids ages 3 years old-5th grade, Kids’ Club strives to help children grow closer to God through civic projects, fellowship opportunities, and various church programs, ALL are welcome.
There’s a place for you to serve and connect at Lane Memorial! If you’re interested in a new mission or outreach, let us know so we can work together!
- Youth Group: Yearly trip to Washington, D.C. to learn about justice issues as well as providing socks, hats, and clothes to homeless people through There is so much to do here at Lane with the youth!
- Habitat for Humanity: Provide financial as well as physical support in helping to build houses.
- Red Cross Blood Mobile: Host and provide support for a blood mobile held at the church every other month.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters: Volunteer as a Big Brother or Big Sister at the Elementary School.
- Gus the Bus Reading Literacy Program: Volunteer and support the summer Reading Literacy Program.
- Helping Hands: Serve lunch periodically at the weekly lunch hospitality program in town.
- Park View Mission: Serve dinner and provide a worship program at Park View Mission in Lynchburg, VA.
- International Missions: Provide support for an international missionary.
- AA: Provide space and support for Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, Mondays 8pm, Wednesdays noon, and Fridays 8pm.
- BackPack Program: Meet bi-monthly to pack backpack lunches for local elementary school.
- United Methodist Women: service projects and outreach support.
Currently our Youth Group meets occasionally via Zoom. Please see below, our normal plans and activities which we hope to resume as conditions with COVID improve.
Sunday School Classes: Meet each Sunday 10:00am
Unity Adult Sunday School Class is located at the bottom of the stairs coming down from the Sanctuary. We’re made up of about 18 to twenty faithful, fun loving and active Senior Citizens. Our study guide is from Cokesbury Publishing, and is titled “Adult Bible Studies.” It delves into both the Old and New testaments tying our Christian Faith together with our Hebrew ancestors in interesting, thought provoking lessons. At Christmas time we find a nice restaurant to share a meal and exchange gifts. Many in the class are also involved in the Church Senior group. Also, most class members are very involved in the life of Lane Memorial serving on many committees and helping in many of the activities of the church.
The Rowles-West Discussion class is named for two deceased outstanding, long time church members (Thomas Rowles and Katherine West). It meets on the main level in the near the hallway to the rear of the sanctuary.The class uses the International Lesson Series called Adult Bible Studies written specifically for Methodist usage. Every Sunday the class examines the given scripture and has wonderful discussions.
Subscribe to make sure you don’t miss out on any future events.